Monday 21 May 2012

DON'T TAKE YOUR EYES OFF THE PORRIDGE!

What is it about porridge? I had/still have a very awkward relationship with porridge! It was something I never really had to think about for myself because its never been my cup of tea!!!!!

However, I soon discovered in many morning visits, porridge was the way to go. Oh dear! For many it was took for granted that I would know how to do perfect porridge from scratch. Equal cups of this, that and the other....keep stirring and whatever you do DON'T TAKE YOUR EYES OFF THE PORRIDGE!

I shall reveal why because in my experience it either exploded (microwaved),bounced around the kitchen top or would keep getting bigger and bigger because I would keep adding 'a cup of this, that and the other.

Maybe I tried too hard. We all have our own ideas and expectations of how things should be.

Maybe I reached a point on putting too much on how good the end result would be (at the very least edible!)

Maybe, just maybe, there was a chance that I was becoming a people pleaser!

My dear friend porridge,
Thank you for showing me that through life I will always be the student. There is more than one way to do things and there are many routes to take. Different lessons to learn along the way. So, once again, thank you porridge for showing me....TOAST!!!


http://astore.amazon.co.uk/carerscoffeep-21

No comments:

Post a Comment